Friday, April 23, 2010

Essays

My weakest paper is my research paper. This is because it doesn't really argue what it is supposed to. Really the paper has no argument at all because I haven't finished it yet. But I am sure that I will after talking with Rachel. The hard part about making an argument out of my paper is that I chose Upton Sinlcair's The Jungle as my book. This book was written over 100 years ago, so talking about how it has effect todays culture is somewhat difficult. In the coming days I hope to tie it in to current journalism of the same sort. The kind of journalism that changes the way people think about a facette of society. I have no idea what I could use though becasue most of the media these days are just winers rather than eye openners. Besides that, I can't think of a book like Sinclair's in recent memory.

My stongest paper? My other two papers also lacked a good argument. I guess that is something I need to work on. I suppose that if I made a good argument out of my personal analysis essy it would be the best, because it is my life and I have all the facts I need about it. I also think that the argument I approached in my draft was pretty good. And now I have changed the paper so that that argument is almost harder to make. So there is a lot of fiddling to do, but I think it will be my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment