Friday, February 26, 2010

Rhetorical Analysis

First, you guys did a great job. All of them were very nice.

I don't think it mattered what you chose, but pathos seemed more common. I don't think this "paper" was really aimed at ethos or logos, so that might be why. Taylor knew about the supplements, but really he was appealing to your thoughts about the supplements. On first look how would I know Taylor worked at GNC? But it was still affective. Same with Jon's and Kristen's.

I wish I could have done a video. But I don't have a camera, so I did postsecret, I think I still did an alright job.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the appreciation to our projects Graham. I think specifically i got more out of the project itself creating the postcards than doing the paper. Still, the paper allowed me to jot what I was thinking down to present it to an audience that might not know what I was talking about.

    I agree with the video because I thought it would have been more interesting and fun. ButI really only had time for the postsecret, and Kristen and you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Props to you for wanting to do a video. They're a lot more entertaining than the other two but I wouldn't even know how to go about doing that. I totally agree that pathos was the aim of the project. There could be ways to add ethos or logos but I don't think anybody really did that because pathos was the more obvious direction. As Jon said, thank you for mentioning your appreciation for our work. I agree that everyone did a good job on this assignment. It was refreshing to be able to do something different than writing a paper, and show a more creative and artistic side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way our group praises eachothers work is awesome,and very encouraging. I really think a video would have been fun, and maybe if we have another possibility we can split the group up and make two separate videos with our partner.

    I wish I could do a lot of things, such as a video in this case, I just alway take the easy way or shorter way out in this case. Good job on your project man.

    ReplyDelete